Crossfit gym first-time experience:
- The first thing you notice is that there really isn't a front door – it's a garage door. Or two. Did this place used to be an auto shop?
- The next thing you notice are people on the floor gasping for air. You can see this clearly as the whole place is one open room and the garage doors are open.
- You walk in. At first, you're not quite sure who works there and who works out there – they all look about the same. Eventually, a trainer or owner finds you and greets you enthusiastically.
- You're invited to take part in a workout. As you wait for the current group to finish up, you take notice of your surroundings.
- No air conditioning. No mirrors. Not a single treadmill. Rowers – uh oh.
- Ropes and gymnastics rings hanging from the ceiling. Kettlebells. Weight racks. Weird rubber weights. Lots and lots and lots of places to do pull-ups. Instead of mirrors, the walls are covered with dry-erase boards. And peoples' names are listed under various workouts that have girls' names as the titles. Obviously people compete over everything here. As people finish the workout and peel themselves off the floor, you notice that they all seem to be friends.
- OK, time for the workout. A trainer takes you and whoever else is there for a first-time visit and you do some stretches, and then they actually teach you how to do whatever you're going to be doing that day. Real instruction (with PVC pipe), and the guy (or girl) actually sound like they know what they're talking about.
- Workout time. 3-2-1-go. 1 minute into the workout you realize that you actually might die before it's done. You regret eating whatever it was you ate for breakfast, because you're pretty sure everybody is going to see it coming out of your mouth. 7 minutes later you're finished, and soaked with sweat on a pile on the floor. You think to yourself that you did more work in 7 minutes than most people at your old globo did in a month.
- After the workout, you're told you can hang around and ask questions or go home and ice yourself down. No pitch.
Now, which one sounds better? I'm pretty sure I have not exaggerated anything here – these are my actual experiences. Which gym will you be joining for real results and a positive motivational atmosphere?
If you're in the Detroit area give us a call to check out what CrossFit is all about.
Now lest take a moment to thank our sponsor. www.casino-free-bonus-no-deposit.com where you can find the best casino sites in one place. You don’t want to spend any money? Perfect because all of the casinos on this list are free yes find casino free bonus no deposit